Minneapolis Attorney For Defense Against Fraud Crimes
The federal government aggressively pursues fraud charges against honest citizens who are doing their best to follow complicated regulations. Many people accused of fraud have never been charged with a crime before. Many were not even aware that what they were accused of doing is a crime.
To defend yourself against severe consequences such as a federal prison sentence, it’s important to obtain aggressive, effective legal representation as soon as possible. Do not attempt to face federal investigators on your own, as what you don’t know can hurt you badly.
As a lawyer with more than 40 years of criminal defense experience, Joe Friedberg can help you navigate any type of fraud crime, including:
- Agriculture fraud: There are many pitfalls for the unwary when navigating the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s complex web of regulations.
- Bankruptcy fraud: The federal government doggedly pursues alleged abuses of the U.S. bankruptcy process.
- Financial fraud: What prosecutors allege is financial fraud may be nothing more than a paperwork mistake made by an employee in your company.
- Health care fraud: With medical costs rising, the federal government aggressively prosecutes health care fraud charges.
- Mail fraud and wire fraud: Federal prosecutors frequently fall back on these charges when it has difficulty making a case for other alleged financial crimes.
- Securities fraud: Most securities fraud charges stem from allegations of insider trading.
- Tax fraud: Internal Revenue Service agents can lean heavily on honest taxpayers in an attempt to collect more money.
The consequences for a conviction on any of the fraud charges result in a lengthy federal prison sentence and millions of dollars in fines and restitution. A conviction can also ruin your good name and your career.
Minneapolis defense lawyer Joe Friedberg has earned 17 federal jury acquittals. Prosecutors are aware of his ability to take on seemingly “impossible” cases and get positive results. He represents people throughout Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota and South Dakota.
Talk To An Experienced Fraud Defense Lawyer Today
Few attorneys in Minneapolis or throughout the region have the understanding of fraud charges that Joe Friedberg does. To schedule a free initial consultation, contact him online or call 651-447-6719 to schedule a consultation.