WELCOME TO JOSEPH FRIEDBERG LAW OFFICE
1. Is the lawyer easily available to speak to on reasonably short notice.
2. Do you feel comfortable talking to the lawyer and is he both willing to answer your questions thorougly and willing to admit that some questions cannot be answered at the outset of the case.
3. How much experience does the lawyer have handling serious cases and what kind of success has he had.
4. You want to know not only how many serious cases the lawyer has actually taken to trial where he has been the lead counsel but, what, specifically is his trial record. Evaluate his or her honesty in discussing his track record. This is important because it drives his ability to negotiate a favorable outcome without a trial as well as his proven ability to convince a jury in your favor if negotiation is not possible.
5. How candid is the lawyer when discussing fees with you. Criminal lawyers generally charge a flat fee plus expenses so that you don’t have financial surprises later in the case.